APCO P25 is a digital standard developed in the US predominantly for public safety and land mobile applications. It has been widely adopted in Australia for the Government Radio Network (GRN) and is used by police, ambulance and fire services.
We’ve implemented this system for a range of clients, including Glencore’s Hunter Valley Operations and Yancoal’s Mount Thorley Warkworth mines in the Hunter Valley, who embraced the analog compatibility and high power of the mobile and portables.
It is still the system trusted by public and emergency services today.
Why choose APCO P25
- It is used to provide a larger coverage footprint than some other digital solutions as a result of the higher power of the mobile and portable terminals.
- When operating in digital mode, APCO P25 has exceptional audio clarity in comparison to analogue systems, however also operates excellently when in analogue mode itself.
- The P25 terminals are rugged and easy to migrate.
- Our clients, particularly in the mining sector, have found the system to provide increased digital coverage and operational efficiencies, as well as the option to stay connected in analogue mode when visiting other legacy mines.
- The APCO P25 operates under two modes – conventional mode which provides a simple infrastructure which repeats radio calls from one system to another; and trunked mode through which a controller inside the infrastructure manages the channels and assignment, calls, etc.
Contact our local team to discuss the best digital two-way radio system for your operation.